Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University has expanded its academic and research network by cooperating with many overseas universities including countries within the Greater Mekong sub-region, Europe, and the United States of America. Additionally, this cooperation leads to international and regional cooperation. At the international level Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University is seeking international expertise to develop a management system that enhances the university's potential for attracting international students. The university is located in the northeast of Thailand. Therefore, its location facilitates the cooperation with countries in the Greater Mekong sub-region and other countries in Southeast Asia, including the People's Republic of China, and especially efficiency management of foreign language teaching.
Since the first academic year of 2005, Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University has increasingly accepted foreign students from neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. Moreover, in the first academic year of 2008, the university accepted students from Guangxi Dongfang Foreign Language College of the People's Republic of China to study at Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University. It is necessary to continue the development of a department that can coordinate the admission of international students and the management of teaching and learning facilities. Contact and coordination with organizations is crucial to facilitate international students in learning as well as in adapting themselves to a new living environment, and to create benefits for a learning society approved by the local council of Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University and also approved by the establishment of International Relations and International Education Office on December 23, 2008.
The International Relations and International Education Office plays an important part in the university’s mission to promote international university standards. Its main responsibility is to seek educational partners, both domestically and internationally in order to create an international learning standard. The International Relations Board and International Education Office are organization that can efficiently manage international education.
Academic collaboration, Language Services, University development of National and International Identity
1. Build and develop academic cooperation.
2. Provide language services as a language centre in order to promote the university to international standards based on the needs of a national and international community identity.
• Coordinate and develop academic cooperation networks with government and private sectors, both domestically and internationally.
• Support the exchange of students, professionals, researchers, volunteers, and educational media between domestic and international organi
• Provide language training and develop efficient service.
• Promote and support the dissemination and promotion of national and international identity.
• Find budgets and funding resources to reduce the burden on the university.
• Support and develop an administrative system by using an electronic screening system.